Hindi Mo Ba Ako Kilala?

It happened about a year ago.
My brother-in-law was about to board his plane from Manila to Tacloban.
As he reached his designated seat near the front of the plane, somebody who looked familiar had already taken his seat and she was busy chatting with the person beside her.

This somebody is a well-known Television personality.

"Excuse me, that's supposed to be my seat," said my brother-in-law, or something to that effect.

The well-known tv personality just looked at him from head to foot, then ignored him and continued chatting with her companion.

"Excuse me miss, that's my seat number..." said my brother-in-law.
"Hindi mo ba ako kilala?" asked miss tv personality in a haughty tone.

"Hindi." Well...actually, he does.

Who doesn't?

She's a regular co-host of an evening talk show.

"Doon ka na lang sa likuran, maingay kasi doon..."

"Ba't di mo palipatin dun 'yang kasama mo? Kaya ko nga pinili 'yang seat na 'yan kasi ayoko rin dun..."

Then he called the stewardess over to settle the matter at hand.
The result? Miss tv personality had to vacate my brother-in-law's seat and walked to her own designated seat at the back.

The moral of the story?

Never utter the words, "Hindi mo ba ako kilala?" As if you already have the right to step on other people's toes.
If you think, just because you already achieved celebrity status, you already have the right to have your own way with people...and you think you can get away with it, then you got another think coming.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: